In this document I set out, as clearly as I can, the various datastructures and operations which I think CollateXML will require.
The fundamental design of CollateXML is this:
- The input is various streams of text, divided into marked collation blocks
- These various streams of text are located
- Within the streams of text, each corresponding block for collation must be located
- The collation program creates two sets of collation information:
- concerning the different orderings of the blocks within the streams of text
- concerning the differences in the texts contained in the blocks themselves